YC/T310-2009 Indicator requirements
Jiang Ping Tobacco Seedling Matrix
Particle size (1-5mm)
Organic matter content
Effective iron ion content
● Excellently made from imported organic raw materials which are mixed in scientific proportion, this product is natural, organic, non-pollutant, and free of harmful pathogenic bacteria, worm eggs, grass seeds or pollution to the environment.
● It enables quick emergence of seedlings which are strong and even. Boasting high stress resistance, it can reduce the use of pesticides during seedling growing period.
● It features weak acidity and it is rich in nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium and a wide range of microelements which are necessary for the growth of plants. In addition, it boasts scientific proportion of mixture and balanced nutrients.
● With a physical structure, it is porous and airy and it has strong moisture and fertility preservation. It is suitable for float-system seedling nursing and moist-tray seedling nursing.
● Before loading a plug tray, pour out the matrix and spray water onto it while stir it evenly to pre-moisturize it to 40%-50% (i.e. it yields no water when it is held as a ball in hand).
● When loading a plug tray, put a matrix into the tray evenly. Shake the plug tray against the ground a little bit by holding it with hands so that the matrix will fall and fill all plugs under gravity. Use a piece of wood to remove excessive matrix by smoothing the surface. Do not press it excessively for fear that the gas permeability of the matrix will be reduced and thus the emergence of seedlings will be affected.
● After sowing seeds, watering shall be done in a careful and slow way until it is watered thoroughly. Flood irrigation shall be avoided.
● When loading a plug tray, make sure each plug is fully filled with matrix and avoid any abruption of matrix at the bottom of these plugs for fear that water absorption through capillaries will be affected and as a result, plants will be dead.
● This matrix shall be stored in a cool and airy environment and kept out of the sun.
It is applied to moist-tray seedling nursing and float-system seedling nursing of tobacco leaves.